Sunday, March 23, 2008
by Hector Diego
Dr. Hofmann is 105 years old. Here he is at the
age of 87.
Albert Hofmann discovered LSD in April, 1943. He later synthesized psilocybin. Here is his preface to the World Psychedelic Forum held this weekend in Basel.
"Alienation from nature and the loss of the experience of being part of the living creation is the greatest tragedy of our materialistic era. It is the causative reason for ecological devastation and climate change.
Therefore I attribute absolute highest importance to consciousness change. I regard psychedelics as catalyzers for this. They are tools which are guiding our perception toward other deeper areas of our human existence, so that we again become aware of our spiritual essence. Psychedelic experiences in a safe setting can help our consciousness open up to this sensation of connection and of being one with nature.
LSD and related substances are not drugs in the usual sense, but are part of the sacred substances, which have been used for thousand of years in ritual settings. The classic psychedelics like LSD, Psilocybin and Mescaline are characterized by the fact that they are neither toxic nor addictive. It is my great concern to separate psychedelics from the ongoing debates about drugs, and to highlight the tremendous potential inherent to these substances for self-awareness, as an adjunct in therapy, and for fundamental research into the human mind.
It is my wish that a modern Eleusis will emerge, in which seeking humans can learn to have transcendent experiences with sacred substances in a safe setting.
I am convinced that this conference furthers the idea that these soul-opening, mind-revealing substances will find their appropriate place in our society and our culture."
Dr. Albert Hofmann
Thursday, 19th April 2007
- ► 2013 (198)
- ► 2012 (1234)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (1199)
- Sarah McLachlan, Prayer Of Saint Francis
- Ahmad Al-Jawadi, Sufi Violin
- Zen Meditation Music
- Martina McBride, Concrete Angel
- God U Takem
- Pastor Jeremiah Wright -- Goddamn The New York Tim...
- Holly Brook, Giving It Up For You
- Lily Allen, Smile
- Neil Young, Everyone Knows This Is Nowhere
- Hello Goodbye
- Jenny Lewis, You Are What You Love
- I Saw Her Standing There
- The Kinks, Sunny Afternoon
- Moody Blues, Visions Of Paradise
- Paperback Writer
- Nice House, Karl
- Here Comes The Sun
- Anonymous Artist, Abbey Road Medley
- The Kinks Live, Lola
- Yoko Ono, Why
- Ryuichi Sakamoto, Forbidden Colors
- Robbie Robertson, Peyote Healing
- Donovan, Atlantis
- Moody Blues, The Balance
- Heart Live, Crazy On You
- Neil Young Live, Heart Of Gold
- The Governor's Getting Sprung
- Papanasam Sivan, The Tamil Tyagarajar
- All You Need Is Love
- A Few Words About Andy Habsieger
- Neil Aspinall, 1941---2008
- George Harrison, Love You To
- Crystal Blue Persuasion
- What If God Smoked Cannabis
- Al-Sadr Ceasefire Shaky
- Ray Stevens, Everything Is Beautiful [in it's own ...
- Draconian Warden Punishes Dying Child
- George Harrison Live, Something
- Anoushka Shankar, Your Eyes
- Jagjit Singh, Mann Mein Ram Basale
- Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
- Albert Hofmann On Entheogens
- Frank to Propose Decriminalization of Marijuana
- Salvia Divinorum
- China and Yahoo at it Again
- It's Getting Ridiculous
- McCain Wants To Run Against Hillary
- Time Analyzes Obama's Big Speech
- Fear Not Obama Supporters, The Sky Is Not Falling
- Grateful Dead, Ripple
- "Liberals Are The People Who Think That Cruelty Is...
- Beatles, Revolution
- The Iraq News
- Hollies, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- The Youngbloods, Get Together
- It's A Beautiful Day
- Quicksilver Messenger Service, Fresh Air
- Moody Blues, Ride My Seesaw
- Eddie Izzard Secret Stand Up
- Harpist Plays Pachelbel's Canon In D
- Reaction to Obama's Speech
- Samantha Power on The Colbert Report
- Obama's Comprehensive, Inspired Speech on Race in ...
- Beatles, 1963-1970
- At Last, it's Over
- Rilo Kiley, Sword
- Vathapi Ganapathim, Mandolin
- Patrick Ball, The Fairy Queen
- The Weavers, Follow The Drinking Gourd
- Rolling Stones, Paint It Black
- A Hard Day's Night
- Johnny Cash Covers Heart Of Gold
- Karen Carpenter
- Cry Baby Cry
- The Love Haight Festival
- The Daily Show, You're Not Helping
- The Flamingos, I Only Have Eyes For You
- The Ronettes, Be My Baby
- TheSupremes, A Medley
- The Toys, A Lover's Concerto
- Bach, Concerto For Three Harpsichords In D Minor
- Hello Goodbye, Alternate Version
- Bob Dylan and The Byrds, My Back Pages
- Hillary Street
- Creedence Clearwater Revival, Who'll Stop The Rain...
- Obama Girl, I Got A Crush...On Obama
- Rilo Kiley, A Better Son/Daughter
- The Bush Memorial
- Lennon/Chapman Movie, Chapter 27
- I'd Rather Eat A Kitten Than A Calf
- U.S. Drops China From Human Rights List
- Strawberry Fields Forever
- Abused, Sick Animals Prompt Beef Recall
- Montel Williams's Plea for Sanity
- Lego People Armed to the Teeth
- Popeye's Film Debut
- Revolution Number Nine
- The White Album, Part Nine
- Moody Blues, Candle Of Life
- Beatles Medley
- McCain Rivals Hillary In Doubletalk
- Hillary Clinton In The Shower
- Hillary Speaks With Forked Tongue
- Salvia Divinorum
- All You Need Is Love
- We're Doing the Decadent End of America Wrong
- Hector's Brother On Homeschooling
- Angela Davis--The Prison: A Sign of Democracy?
- California Courts Rule No Constitutional Right To ...
- Kyu Sakamoto, Sukiyaki
- Big Rock Candy Mountains
- Martin Luther King's Last Speech
- Bring Back Samantha Power
- Nixon's Resignation
- David Archuleta Covers Imagine
- Bob Dylan, Positively Fourth Street
- Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- KBR Ducked Hundreds of Millions in Medicare and So...
- Town Called Dobson On Hillary Clinton
- George Harrison: "Inside, we're like six years old...
- Today Is Shiva Ratri
- India Pollutes Her Sacred Rivers And Abuses Her Tr...
- Dylan, Blowin' In The Wind
- Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
- Lightning Round--Non Election Coverage Edition
- Race Still An Issue In America
- All My Loving
- Please Please Me
- Tonight's Primaries Are Not Going to Change Anythi...
- U2 - Running to Stand Still
- Rilo Kiley - Close Call
- It's Sad Really...
- Charlie Chaplin, We The People
- Rational Choice Theory: We Are The World
- The Highwaymen Live, The Highwayman
- Judy Collins, Both Sides Now
- Jack Nicholson Stumps For Hillary
- George Harrison, Awaiting On You All
- Stones, Wild Horses
- Sting, Fields Of Gold
- Hanuman Bhajan
- Jaydev Sings Ram Bhajan
- Phil Lesh And Jackie Greene, "Brokedown Palace"
- Obama Responds to Clinton's 3am Ad
- America The Absurd
- ▼ March 2008 (148)
- ► 2007 (2122)
Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com